A Formula for Success
July 30, 2010
I'm a big fan of Napoleon Hill and his philosophy of success. A friend shared the Napoleon Hill CD "Richest Man in Babylon and The Magic Story " and thought the tips provided were worth sharing as we head into yet another beautiful summer weekend.
Napoleon Hill Philosophy of Personal Achievement (paraphrased in my own words):
1. Have burning desire, the drive to make it happen, and the drive to put your plans into action.
2. Practice the skill and art of being open to new opportunties. What concrete action steps have you pursued to seize these opportunties.
3. Have a strong sense of purpose. The passion to achieve what we set out to achieve with the right attitude. Are you reaching your goals or just drifing along?
4. See failiure as a new opportunity. Are mistakes a pathway to opportunity.
5. Keep the friends who help us and stop befriending those that hinder us in achieving these goals. Seek out friends and family that help and encourage vs. criticize.
6. That which is positive and that which is negative is inside all of us. We are what we choose to embrace and integrate. It's why some people are always on the negative, and others are always on the plus side.
Many thanks to friend and reader Herb Yost for this gift of inspiration.