The Art of Shaving Takes The Art of Marketing To A New Level
January 14, 2014
The answer to the question "what does a great marketer look like" is no harder than a quick review of the work being produced by "The Art of Shaving™."
The brand and marketing team that supports the brand is getting all of the fundamentals right:
1. Focus on a target audience/problem: Men who want to improve their appearance but lack the knowledge or confidence.
2. Offer a simple solution: 4 step plan for improving the way you shave and the results you get.
"Founded in 1996, The Art of Shaving™ is considered the world’s leading premium shaving brand with its aromatherapy-based grooming products, high-end shaving instruments, and a retail chain dedicated to men’s shaving. The Art of Shaving has trademarked its wet shaving system “The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave” – Prepare, Lather Up, Shave, and Moisturize – and is recognized as the best-selling men’s brand at high-end department stores."
3. Make it easy to try: Art of Shaving offers a $25 starter kit. The full $25 can be applied to the purchase of a regular kit.
4. Create a strong brand message that reinforces the value proposition: "Welcome to the Brotherhood of Shaving" - you are not alone, join the club
5. Reinforce the message weekly: CRM program sends weekly videos and content on how to get a great shave.
Week 1: Welcome email: "Welcome to the Brotherhood of Shaving"
Week 2+: Followup message with content that reinforces the value proposition
Week 3: Send expert testimonials
It doesn't get any better than that.....the "Art of Shaving" is a stellar example of Procter & Gamble backed marketing at its' finest. I'm proud to be a new member of the brotherhood and to finally learn the "art of shaving."